Tuesday, November 12, 2013

#15 everyday conversation

u= unstressed
/ = stressed

How was the Haunted House?
/            /    u   /     u       /
It was interesting
/    u    u  /   u  /
I can't believe that you went
/   u      u  /        u     /      u
Haha well my friend Chancey came too
/   u     u      /     u        /     /          u      u
Oh ok
/      u
We missed you though
u      /          /        u
Yeah, I didn't want to get scared
   /      u   /  u      /    u   u     /
Haha it wasn't to bad about a half hour to a hour after hahaha
/  u     u    /       u    /      u      u   u     /     u  u  u        /     /  / /
That's what I was afraid of
/            u    /    u      /       u
Haha, yeah
/    /      u
I want to sleep
u    /     u     /
Me too but I'm here at LC reffing volleyball
/       u   u     /       u    u   /     /   u      /      /
Hey are the kids still going to be there Sunday?
/       u     u   /        /      /   u   u  u     /        u  /
I don't know, I think so
/     u       /      u   /      /

4 comments:

  1. I think you make a great coach, I can definitly see you doing that, (running around yelling) you have a good strong voice. :-) I aslo wouldnt want to go to a haunted house with you, I would probably pee my pants with laughter. Funny convo, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the blog! And you always look super cute reffing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely doing great at understanding the difference between stressed and unstressed syllables. I'm jealous! I still get so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scansion definitely takes lots and lots of practice. For instance, let's look at your first line: "How was the haunted house?

    How = stressed
    was the = both unstressed
    haunted = stressed then unstressed
    house = stressed

    ReplyDelete