Thursday, November 21, 2013

#18 mans (or woman's) best friend

Driving five hours to get to Kalispell, Montana
All I take is one right and two lefts
When I pull into the drive he barks like crazy
As black as midnight
Trying to park as he runs towards me
Such playful barks welcome me
One step out, I have a tennis ball at my feet
I throw it and he runs like the wind
Like a horse out of the gate he swiftly grabs the ball and rushes back
To the finish line
Panting hard but ready to race once again
He's delighted when I throw the
Ball for a while
Finally needing water he stomps inside slerping it
Ready for a nap he climbs on my lap. He always thinks
He needs a treat for everything.
He eats the treat so fast
Did he even taste it?
A nice big yawn, he closes his eyes
Still breathing heavy from racing for the ball
Pure black with dark brown eyes, hes fun, warm, and cuddly
Always ready to play
All I say is "outside" and hes good to go
I love my lab

3 comments:

  1. It's true a dog is a mans (woman's) best friend. Great job on the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you always seem to make your poems from your own personal experiences, personal touch, very endearing. I can tell you are a very family oriented person. I have a dog also, a staffy named Shasta, my baby. She thinks she is a human, and can actually talk to you. She's very smart...too smart some may say, for a dog anyway. Nice poem gerrrrrl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wonder if they taste their treats too. I'm convinced that my dog, Zeke, only chews apples and carrots. Otherwise, he seems to swallow treats whole.

    ReplyDelete